I am so honored to have been picked as ‘Blogger Of The Week’ on Chronic Illness Bloggers!
This is such an amazing feeling and shows that this blog is doing what it was designed to do. Getting the word out and spreading awareness!
Here is my full interview!
Blogger of the Week: Lucy at ‘The Thyroid Damsel’
Each week we are highlighting a different Chronic Illness Bloggers’ member as our ‘Blogger of the Week‘. As well as getting to know each other better, we hope that you enjoy this series and that you find the interviews with each member to be insightful and helpful.
This week our blogger of the week is Lucy of The Thyroid Damsel.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I have been diagnosed with Graves Disease, Hyperthyroidism and had a total thyroidectomy in 2014. I also, in the same month, had my gallbladder removed. I have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, had a blood transfusion, IBS, tested positive for the Coeliac disease and basically feel like I’m just falling apart!
2. What is your blog called and how do you define your blog’s purpose?
My blog is called The Thyroid Damsel and is my outlet for describing how I feel and my thoughts and feelings. I set it up so I could also give my experiences of certain procedures and medications etc., that I have tried and how they have worked or not worked for me.
3. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I’ve been blogging for about 6 months. I started so that I could try and reach others in the same position as me as it gets lonely sometimes feeling like you’re the only person going through this.
4. How often do you post? What made you decide to post on this schedule?
I try to publish a blog post at least once a week, if not more. I think a weekly post gives followers an opportunity to feel like you’re with them and you’re there for them.
5. Do you feel blogging has benefitted you? If so, how?
Yes definitely, it’s like an online diary but with a huge community of people going through similar or the same things!
6. Why do you feel it’s important to blog about chronic illness?
We need to stick together because our illnesses are not talked about in the media and we need to raise awareness. The best way to do this is to be a united voice and talk about it!
7. What are your top 3 blogging tips for other bloggers?
1. Write regular posts! Write consistently good material and engage with the readers.
2. Don’t make things up, write from the heart about things that matter to you.
3. Don’t just do it to make money or gain followers. Do it for a cause.