Thank you so much to Jules at For The Sake Of Good Taste for my nomination for the Blogger Recognition Award!
I am so happy to accept it. The rules of this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How The Thyroid Damsel Started
I have been working on The Thyroid Damsel for about 12 months now. It really started as a hobby and a way to ‘keep a diary’ of sorts for myself.
Now it has become my passion, and I have started to connect with so many people in the chronic illness community and have made some really good friendships with other bloggers and sufferers.
I have also had blogs and stories posted on the huge chronic illness site – The Mighty ( You can find my published articles in the Published Stories section on my homepage)
I am also an active member of The Chronic Illness Bloggers Network and have been put up for a number of awards and product reviews!
What advice would I give to New Bloggers?
- Don’t focus on making money 💰. Although this is a bonus of blogging, it’s not a quick way to do it. You would be better off getting a paper round! 😃
- Make sure you blog about something you care about. Don’t just pick random things. If you don’t care your readers won’t care.
A huge congratulations to my 10 bloggers who I am nominating.
- Chronic Conditions Fit Mom – I have nominated Cherise for her blog. She is a type 1 diabetic, personal trainer and nutritionist. Anyone who is standing up in the chronic illness communities and getting awareness out and sharing stories is fantastic in my opinion!
- Mom and student blogger – I have nominated Angelina for her blog, where she writes about being a blogger and gives hints and tips.
- Laurens travel diary – I really like Lauren’s blog about her travels around the world. She doesn’t just write about the beauty spots but also political aspects.
- Lost N Delerious – I have nominated Wonu. She writes about her travels and the people that she has met along the way.
- Fresh start everyday – I have nominated Ju for fresh start everyday. She writes about meal health issues, something close to her heart, her doggies and food and recipes.
- Books and other pursuits – I have Nominated Tracey for this blog. I love books and reading. Tracey reviews books that she has read in an honest and fun way.
- Her life as Amy – I really like the way Amy is honest and open. She blogs about life and some of the “naughty” things she does. A great read.
- The adventures of Trap Girl – I love this blog from Jessika & Teresa. This blog is different from many I’ve seen. It follows the stories and lives of One girl and her friends who are incarcerated. Very very interesting.
- Coffeable – I love coffee. This blog from Aaron gives a great read about different types of coffee and how to get a good cuppa!
- The Vagabond dreamer – I really enjoyed Chetnas blog. She writes about her travels in a fun and engaging way.
Congratulations to all my nominations. I really loved reading all your blogs! Keep them coming!